2016 BMW Z4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Oct 20, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2016 BMW Z4 are $1,418 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $314, collision insurance costs $592, and liability insurance costs around $376. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $426 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,078. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,200 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,418
Rate estimates for 2016 BMW Z4 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 BMW Z4 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $426 for only liability insurance to a much higher rate of $3,078 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 BMW Z4 Insurance
Nobody I know cherishes buying car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons periodically since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Z4 insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Discounts on 2016 BMW Z4 insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Z4 insurance with certain companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to find the lowest 2016 BMW Z4 rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. Just one form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit each company website and request a quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Progressive and Allstate. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote you get. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your BMW Z4. Slightly different coverage limits could mean much higher rates. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates.
BMW Z4 premiums are determined by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many companies give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my 2016 BMW Z4 need full coverage?
- If my 2016 BMW Z4 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Z4 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like doctor visits, EMT expenses, funeral costs, dental work and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your BMW Z4.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, fire damage and hitting a deer. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Spend less. Save more.
Affordable 2016 BMW Z4 insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,238|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,421|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$109|
|5-yr Claim Free||$93|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$68|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.