2017 Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 21, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf are $1,428 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $310, collision costs $530, and liability costs around $430. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $486 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,082 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,316 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,428
Rate estimates for 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $486 for only liability insurance to a much higher rate of $3,082 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance
Finding low-cost insurance coverage can be problematic for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how are we expected to have a chance to compare the different rates to find cheaper insurance coverage rates?
It is always a good idea to compare prices as often as possible because insurance coverage rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on e-Golf coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
How much does auto insurance cost?
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive provide pricing on the web. Doing online price comparisons is possible for anyone as you just type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online makes it simple to compare prices but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find better prices.
Keep reading for an easier way to compare prices
A better way to find lower prices is to use a quote form to get prices from several companies at one time. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much more efficient. After your information is entered, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Get cheap rates with these discounts
Companies do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their auto insurance quote on e-Golf coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, safety features, newly married, exclusive group savings, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, early bird, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, paperless, paid in full, company car, teen driver, multiple vehicles, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage can be complex
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What if I total my 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf and owe more than it’s worth?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your e-Golf resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, hail damage and fire damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, EMT expenses, surgery, funeral costs and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,256|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,439|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$104|
|5-yr Claim Free||$92|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$65|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.