2018 Buick Regal TourX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 21, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
There isn’t a single person who rejoices having to buy insurance coverage, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually hit you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Compare quotes for auto insurance
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most major companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each company then returns a price quote. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose which carriers you want to price. If you wish to select from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, do your best to enter nearly identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different values for each quote you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Just slight variations in insurance coverages or limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates increases the change that you will find a better price.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Regal TourX insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
We need to note that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts, click this link.
Why your insurance rates might be higher
A large part of saving on insurance coverage is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military generals, architects and stock brokers generally have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates for Regal TourX insurance.
- Always keep your insurance coverage in force – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- You might get higher rates if you are single – Being married actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Insurance coverage options for a Buick Regal TourX
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, theft, hail damage and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, doctor visits, prosthetic devices, dental work and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2018 Buick Regal TourX.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Regal TourX resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Best coverage at the best price
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2018 Buick Regal TourX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cost effective 2018 Buick Regal TourX insurance can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area