BMW M5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 8, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
How much does the BMW M5 cost to insure? Full coverage for a BMW M5 costs $1,916 a year, or $159. Our guide breaks down these rates so that drivers can save on BMW M5 insurance costs.
Want to jump right into finding a reasonable BMW M5 insurance group? Enter your ZIP code in our free tool above to start comparing BMW M5 insurance rates.
The average insurance rates for a BMW M5 are $1,194 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $242 a year, collision insurance costs $334, and liability insurance costs $460. Liability-only insurance costs as little as $510 a year, and high-risk driver insurance costs $2,560 or more. 16-year-old drivers cost the most to insure at up to $4,594 a year.
Average premium for full coverage: $1,194
Policy rates for type of insurance:
Full coverage includes $500 physical damage deductibles, liability coverage up to 30/60, and includes medical/PIP and uninsured motorist coverage. Prices are averaged for all 50 states and M5 trim levels.
Price Range Variability
For a driver around age 40, BMW M5 insurance rates range from as low as $510 for liability-only coverage to a high of $2,560 for a high-risk driver policy.
Urban vs. Rural Price Range
Your location has a significant impact on car insurance rates. Areas with sparse population are shown to have a lower frequency of physical damage claims than congested cities. The diagram below illustrates the difference between rural and urban areas on auto insurance rates.
The examples above illustrate why it is important to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on rate averages.
Use the form below to get customized rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Additional Charts and Tables
The chart below illustrates average BMW M5 insurance rates for additional coverage choices and driver risks.
- The best full coverage rate is $709
- Drivers who choose higher $1,000 deductibles will pay about $1,062 each year
- The average rate for a good driver age 40 using $500 deductibles is $1,194
- Buying low $100 deductibles for comprehensive and collision insurance will cost an extra $248 a year
- High risk drivers with multiple tickets or accidents could pay at least $2,560
- Policy cost for full coverage for a teen driver can be $4,594 a year
Auto insurance rates for a BMW M5 also range considerably based on your risk profile, the model year and trim level, and deductibles and policy limits.
Older drivers with a good driving record and high deductibles could pay as little as $1,100 per year on average, or $92 per month, for full coverage. Rates are highest for teenagers, where even good drivers will have to pay as much as $4,500 a year. View Rates by Age
Your home state makes a big difference in BMW M5 insurance rates. A 40-year-old driver could pay as low as $780 a year in states like Vermont, Wisconsin, and North Carolina, or at least $1,610 on average in Michigan, New York, and Florida.
|State||Premium||Compared to U.S. Avg||Percent Difference|
Opting for high physical damage deductibles could save up to $380 each year, while buying higher liability limits will increase rates. Switching from a 50/100 limit to a 250/500 limit will raise rates by up to $414 extra every year. View Rates by Deductible or Liability Limit
If you have a few points on your driving record or tend to cause accidents, you are probably paying at least $1,400 to $2,000 in extra premium every year, depending on your age. A high-risk auto insurance policy can cost anywhere from 44% to 131% more than the average rate. View High Risk Driver Rates
|Model Year||Comprehensive||Collision||Liability||Total Premium|
|2014 BMW M5||$342||$620||$460||$1,580|
|2013 BMW M5||$330||$580||$464||$1,532|
|2008 BMW M5||$254||$380||$474||$1,266|
|2006 BMW M5||$242||$334||$460||$1,194|
Rates are averaged for all BMW M5 models and trim levels. Rates assume a 40-year-old male driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and a clean driving record.
How to Find More Affordable BMW M5 Insurance
Finding cheaper rates on BMW M5 insurance not only requires being a safe and courteous driver, but also having good credit, being claim-free, and possibly raising deductibles. Set aside time to compare rates every time your policy renews by requesting rates from direct insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Esurance, and also from local exclusive and independent agents.
Below is a summary of the information covered above.
- It is possible to save up to $140 per year just by quoting early and online
- Teenage drivers are expensive to insure, possibly costing $383 each month if they have full coverage
- Increasing comprehensive and collision deductibles can save around $375 each year
- High-risk drivers who have multiple accidents or major violations may pay on average $1,370 more every year for auto insurance
- Drivers who may need higher levels of liability will pay around $510 annually to go from a 30/60 limit to 250/500 limits
Frequently Asked Questions
We wanted to answer a couple common questions before we move on:
- How much is insurance on a BMW M5? Average insurance rates for a BMW M5 are $1,916 a year for full coverage insurance.
- Is insurance expensive for a BMW? Compared to the the national average which is $936, yes.
- Is BMW M5 expensive to maintain? YourMechanic.com says they cost $370 on average annually. However, RepairPal.com says the average annual cost is $1,173.
- How much to service a BMW M5? See the answer above.
- How much does BMW M5 cost? From $102,700
- Is the BMW m5 fast? It can go from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds
- Is BMW m5 a sports car? Yes. It’s considered a sports car for insurance purposes which may contribute to its higher rates.
Shopping around will help you find the best BMW M5 costs. So if you want to know how much is a BMW M5 2015 vehicle to insure or the BMW M5 cost of insurance, start by getting quotes. Enter your ZIP code in our free tool below to get started.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are the BMW M5 safety ratings?
The insurance cost of a BMW M5 can depend on the safety features and ratings. The BMW M5 has the following safety features:
- Electronic Stability Control
- ABS and Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Blind Spot Detection and Blindspot Sensor
- Parking Distance Control and Rear Parking Sensors
- Dual-stage driver and Passenger Seat-mounted Airbags
- Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual-stage driver and Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1stand 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety belts
- Back-up Camera
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has not crash-tested the BMW M5.
BMW M5 Compared Against Other Vehicles in the Same Class
The BMW M5 is a luxury car, which means liability rates may be higher. Take a look at the vehicle below to see how other luxury car’s rates compare to a BMW M5’s insurance rates.
Ready to learn more about how much is a BMW M5’s insurance? To find out more about a BMW M5 and how much does it cost to insure, enter your ZIP code in our free tool.
Rate Tables and Charts
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$78|
|5-yr Claim Free||$76|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area