1991 Ford Mustang Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Ford Mustang? Finding better rates for auto insurance is always hard for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to find lower rates.
Discounts mean cheaper 1991 Ford Mustang insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Mustang insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Mustang insurance with select insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
All major auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes online. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on many factors.
Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
Rate comparisons made easy
The easiest way to compare rates makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons much easier. After sending the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quotes returned.
If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my 1991 Ford Mustang covered for smoke damage?
- Does my 1991 Ford Mustang need full coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1991 Ford Mustang to commute?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mustang from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like ambulance fees, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Don’t be a big spender
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 1991 Ford Mustang insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area