Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
Enter your Car Insurance Coverage FAQs zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- If you are a full member of the Porsche Club of America, you have access to at least two specialized classic and collector car insurance policies
- Your membership will also garner you at least one car insurance discount, plus access to valuation tools
- Your Porsche Club of America car insurance may cost less than $1,700 a year
Can you buy Porsche Club of America car insurance? Yes and no. While you can purchase car insurance through the Porsche Club of America, the organization does not sell car insurance. However, a full PCA membership can unlock special car insurance policies for Porsche owners.
If you decide to join the Porsche Club of America, you could be eligible for car insurance discounts and other car insurance-related perks. That may be welcome news if you are already paying high car insurance rates for your vehicle since you own a Porsche.
Read on to learn more about affordable Porsche Club of America car insurance, including costs and advantages for PCA members. And if you want to see quotes from top car insurance companies near you, enter your ZIP code into our free quote tool above.
What kind of car insurance does the Porsche Club of America offer to its members?
And does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance discounts?
If you have an annual membership with the Porsche Club of America, you can access exclusive benefits, like specialized car insurance from Leland-West and Chubb.
Full PCA membership can also garner you a 5% discount on collector car insurance with Hagerty. Please note that this only applies to U.S. policies, and the discount is not available in California, Massachusetts, or Tennessee.
What Leland-West Offers PCA Members
If you decide to get a Leland-West policy for your Porsche, you will be buying an agreed value policy.
Leland-West says that it has tailored its policies to save you money regardless of your car’s make, model, and age. However, you might see especially low car insurance rates if your Porsche is in limited use.
Here are some highlights of a Leland-West policy:
- Generous coverage for new editions. You can get up to $50,000 in coverage for any classic or exotic vehicle you add to your policy.
- Mileage rollover. You can pick an annual mileage limit and roll over any extra miles to the next year if you drive less than expected. Also, those miles never expire.
- Generous coverage for car repairs. You are never “out of network” if you need to repair your Porsche, and you can send your car to specialists you trust.
- Free lost and spare parts coverage. Leland-West offers $2,000 of lost and spare parts coverage for free. You can pay for more coverage.
Additionally, Leland-West offers nationwide roadside assistance, which only costs $10 a year.
What Chubb Offers PCA Members
If you choose to get a Chubb policy for a classic Porsche, Chubb also allows you to get your car repaired at any shop you want. However, Chubb goes the extra mile to let you get the car fixed overseas.
Also, the insurance company ensures the use of only original equipment manufacturer parts.
If your car needs a tow, Chubb will pay for towing for the first 200 miles. Also, it boasts that claims adjusters will contact policyholders within 24 hours of a claim in 98% of cases.
Aside from repairs, Chubb’s classic car insurance stands out because it does not require that you limit the use of your vehicle. Also, you can have instant 90-day coverage for any new classic or collector car you add to your policy.
What You Can Expect From Hagerty
If you can take advantage of Hagerty’s Porsche Club of America car insurance discount, it might be worth your while.
Hagerty offers insurance for classic and collector cars made before 1980 and newer collector cars. Here are some highlights of a Hagerty policy:
- You will have Guaranteed Value. That means Hagerty will reimburse you for the total value of your car with no depreciation if the vehicle is a total loss.
- Hagerty allows for the flexible use of your car. That means that you can attend multiple car events and go for an occasional pleasure drive with your insured Porsche.
- Hagerty’s claims team works hard to locate specialized and OEM parts for repairs.
You can also join the Hagerty Drivers Club for only $45. The drivers club unlocks exclusive events, media, and 24/7 roadside assistance, among other things.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much does Porsche Club of America car insurance cost?
What determines the price of car insurance with a PCA membership? As with any other car insurance company, these specialized car insurance companies will consider several factors, like your location and your car’s age.
That said, here are average rates for each participating Porsche Club of America car insurance company:
- The average yearly car insurance rates for Chubb are about $1,674 a year.
- Hagerty collector car insurance costs around $1,200 a year. Hagerty boasts that it might save you up to 34% on the cost of regular-use car insurance.
- Leland-West might charge you between $1,400 and $1,500 per year to cover your Porsche. Based on a customer survey, it claims to save policyholders at least $548 a year.
On average, insurance for Porsche vehicles might cost about $1,984 a year. (That’s for a policy that includes comprehensive, collision, and liability car insurance coverage.)
Of course, you may save more with insurance from specialty companies due to the limited usage of your vehicle and club affiliation. Still, it helps to get Porsche Club of America car insurance quotes from one of these companies first.
Are there any other Porsche Club of America benefits in terms of car insurance?
On its website, Porsche Club of America has links to various online car evaluation tools and websites, like Kelley Blue Book. But the club’s full membership unlocks an evaluation program. Such a program can help you establish an agreed-upon value for your Porsche.
Should you join the Porsche Club of America for its car insurance offerings?
If you are a Porsche enthusiast, the list of exclusive benefits for being a PCA member is impressive. While there are only a few car insurance-related benefits, those benefits could save you money in the long run.
Also, you can take advantage of even more benefits from the specialized car insurance company you choose.
To make sure you’re getting the best deal, try the following:
- First, compare the coverage you would have with major car insurance companies with the types of coverage you can enjoy with car insurance through your PCA membership.
- Next, get some Porsche Club of America car insurance quotes.
- Then, compare your regular insurance rates with Porsche Club of America car insurance rates.
If you have a regular-use car and rarely drive your Porsche, getting a policy from a Porsche Club of America car insurance company may be your best bet. But you should probably call the Porsche Club of America phone number (410-381-0911) for more information.
Now that you know a little about Porsche Club of America car insurance, are you ready to see rates from top car insurance companies in your area? Just enter your ZIP code into our free quote tool below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area