Jeep Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Jeep Wrangler? Shopping for low-cost auto insurance over the internet can seem to be difficult for people who are new to comparing rates online. Because there are so many choices, how can consumers even start to compare every company to locate the cheapest rates?
The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. But consumers must know the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Many insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company can give them a price based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for each company. To use this form to compare 1991 Jeep Wrangler insurance rates click to open in new window.
The single downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose the companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same information for every quote you compare. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your Jeep Wrangler. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, quoting more provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage for Wrangler coverage.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Wrangler coverage than drivers with accidents.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Factors that might impact rates for a Jeep Wrangler
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage is the protection if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- How your age affects price – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance coverage policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- An active claims history can cost you – Companies award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, dental work, X-ray expenses, nursing services and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
You just read a lot of tips how to compare 1991 Jeep Wrangler insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
The cheapest insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in San Diego? (SanDiegoCoverage.com)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area