1992 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Ford Mustang? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Ford Mustang can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for your Ford and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Mustang coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford Mustang
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Mustang can result in significantly higher rates.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies provide lower rates to people who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
Most major insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get prices directly from their websites. This process doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system requests your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on many factors.
Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best price on insurance coverage.
The easy way to compare rates
The quickest way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form to get prices from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the returned quotes. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
How to save on Ford Mustang insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Mustang coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, X-ray expenses and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Mustang.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mustang resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Never pay more for less
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on 1992 Ford Mustang insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
The cheapest insurance is available on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area