Toyota Toyota Tercel Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates? Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Toyota Tercel insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Toyota and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to check insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price for Tercel insurance a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
What determines your Toyota Tercel insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurers provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Occupations such as doctors, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as scientists, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates for Tercel insurance.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance coverage. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Getting a cheaper price on 1993 Toyota Tercel insurance can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to take time comparing rates online from several insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company. A single, simple form will return price quotes direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A harder way to shop for insurance coverage online is to manually visit each individual company website and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare Nationwide, Farmers and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples information for each price quote. If you enter different liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Tercel insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What if I total my 1993 Toyota Tercel and owe more than it’s worth?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Tercel.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Tercel resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, pain medications, surgery and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, structural damage, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Make a quick buck
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ideas to lower your 1993 Toyota Tercel insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area