Cheapest 1994 Ford Aerostar Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 31, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof. Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Getting better 1994 Ford Aerostar car insurance pricing isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to take a few minutes to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for every car insurance company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online is to manually visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Farmers, 21st Century and State Farm. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using the exact same information for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison for your Ford Aerostar.
Why your Ford Aerostar might be costing you more
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Aerostar can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto your insurance can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- How credit affects insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1994 Ford Aerostar by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
Save with discounts on Ford Aerostar insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance coverage for Aerostar coverage.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Aerostar coverage with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage options for a Ford Aerostar
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Aerostar.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like hospital visits, pain medications, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, medical services, bail bonds, structural damage and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
In the end, you save
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We covered a lot of information how to save on 1994 Ford Aerostar insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1994 Ford Aerostar?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1994 Ford Aerostar, you can start by shopping around and obtaining quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare the coverage options and prices they offer to find the best deal. Additionally, maintaining a good driving record, opting for higher deductibles, and bundling your auto insurance with other policies may help lower your rates.
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 1994 Ford Aerostar?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1994 Ford Aerostar. These factors may include your location, driving record, age, gender, credit history, the level of coverage you choose, and the value of your vehicle. Insurance companies also consider the safety features, repair costs, and theft rates associated with the specific make and model of your van.
Are vans like the 1994 Ford Aerostar more expensive to insure?
Vans like the 1994 Ford Aerostar can sometimes be more expensive to insure compared to smaller vehicles. This is because vans are often larger and may have higher repair costs. Additionally, vans may be used for commercial purposes or may have more passengers, which can increase the risk for accidents. However, insurance rates can still vary depending on various factors, so it’s advisable to obtain quotes from different insurance providers to find the best rates.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 1994 Ford Aerostar?
Yes, there may be specific insurance discounts available for a 1994 Ford Aerostar. Common discounts include multi-policy discounts (bundling your auto insurance with other policies), safe driver discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and discounts for vehicles with certain safety features like airbags or anti-lock brakes. Contact your insurance provider to inquire about the specific discounts they offer.
Can I adjust my coverage to lower the insurance rates for my 1994 Ford Aerostar?
Yes, adjusting your coverage can potentially help lower the insurance rates for your 1994 Ford Aerostar. However, it’s important to carefully evaluate your coverage needs before making any changes. While reducing your coverage may lower your premiums, it could leave you with insufficient protection in the event of an accident or other incidents. Discuss your options with your insurance provider to understand the impact of adjusting your coverage.
Does the mileage on my 1994 Ford Aerostar affect the insurance rates?
Yes, the mileage on your 1994 Ford Aerostar can affect the insurance rates. Insurance companies typically consider lower mileage as an indication of reduced exposure to potential accidents, which can result in lower insurance premiums. When obtaining insurance quotes, be prepared to provide an estimate of your annual mileage.
Are there any specialized insurance companies that offer coverage for classic or vintage 1994 Ford Aerostar vans?
While the 1994 Ford Aerostar may not be considered a classic or vintage vehicle in the traditional sense, some insurance companies specialize in providing coverage for older or unique cars and vans. It’s recommended to research and contact these specialized insurers to explore your options and find the best coverage for your 1994 Ford Aerostar.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area