1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera insurance can empty your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
Having so many companies to choose from, it can be impossible to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. In a nutshell, every driver who is required by state law to have insurance will be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, drivers do need to know the way insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Don’t miss these eight discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Cutlass Ciera insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates on Cutlass Ciera insurance.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy on Cutlass Ciera insurance.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state.
Misconceptions in insurance coverage advertisements
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. How does each company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who matches those parameters will get very good rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall outside the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
When might I need help?
When buying coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera is totaled?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, medical services, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Cutlass Ciera caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
We just presented many ideas to shop for 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area