Cheapest 1995 Dodge Neon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than most other car owners.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute cheapest price
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons periodically since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on Neon insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the right way to find better coverage at a better price.
How to Compare Car Insurance Rates
There are a variety of methods to shop for 1995 Dodge Neon car insurance, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To compare 1995 Dodge Neon rates now click to open in new window.
The single downside to doing it this way is you cannot specify which carriers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverage information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Just a small difference in coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Discounts mean cheaper 1995 Dodge Neon insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits are:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1995 Dodge Neon?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1995 Dodge Neon?
- Is my 1995 Dodge Neon covered for flood damage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, funeral costs, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, attorney fees and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 1995 Dodge Neon.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
A penny saved is a penny earned
Cost effective 1995 Dodge Neon insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1995 Dodge Neon?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1995 Dodge Neon, you can take the following steps:
- Shop around: Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving history can help you qualify for lower insurance rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any available discounts, such as multi-car, multi-policy, or safe driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits and offer discounts based on your behavior behind the wheel.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1995 Dodge Neon?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1995 Dodge Neon, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger, less experienced drivers typically face higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live due to factors such as crime rates and the likelihood of accidents.
- Vehicle value and repair costs: The Dodge Neon is an older vehicle, and its value may be lower, which can impact insurance rates.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features, such as anti-lock brakes and airbags, can potentially lower insurance rates.
- Claim history: If the vehicle has a history of frequent claims or accidents, insurance rates may be higher.
Does the type of insurance coverage affect the cost for a 1995 Dodge Neon?
Yes, the type of insurance coverage you choose can affect the cost of insuring a 1995 Dodge Neon. Comprehensive and collision coverage typically have higher premiums compared to liability-only coverage. Comprehensive coverage protects against theft and non-collision damage, while collision coverage covers damages resulting from collisions. Liability-only coverage is generally the least expensive option but only provides coverage for damages you cause to others.
Can I reduce insurance costs for a 1995 Dodge Neon by opting for minimum coverage?
While opting for minimum coverage (liability-only) can lower your insurance costs, it’s important to carefully consider the potential risks and financial consequences. Liability-only coverage does not provide protection for damages to your own vehicle, so you would have to bear the expenses out of pocket in case of an accident or other covered events. Assess your individual needs and evaluate the potential risks before deciding on the coverage level.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer affordable rates for a 1995 Dodge Neon?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between different insurance companies, so it’s essential to compare quotes from multiple providers. Some insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for older vehicles like the 1995 Dodge Neon include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, rates can depend on various factors, including your location, driving history, and coverage needs, so it’s best to obtain personalized quotes to find the most affordable option for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area