1996 BMW 8 Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite lowest rate
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Consumers just need to know the proper methods to shop online.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage on 8 Series coverage.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your BMW can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts are:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
Most companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide price estimates on the web. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these factors. Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for better prices.
The easiest way to lower your auto insurance bill requires only one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the pricing results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
BMW 8 Series insurance rates are influenced by…
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. If your policy improperly rates your 8 Series can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your insurance coverage declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your BMW from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on 8 Series coverage.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, attorney fees, bail bonds and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your BMW 8 Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your 8 Series caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Summing up your insurance search
Affordable 1996 BMW 8 Series insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
You just learned many tips how you can save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area