Cheapest 1997 Buick LeSabre Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Buick LeSabre? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your Buick LeSabre could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to compare insurance coverage rates and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Buick and find the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Lowering your 1997 Buick LeSabre insurance coverage rates is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing rates from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One simple form will get you rate comparisons from several companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Farmers. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverage information on every quote you get. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Buick LeSabre.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for LeSabre insurance.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Impacting insurance rates for a Buick LeSabre
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies generally give better rates to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1997 Buick LeSabre by improving your credit score.
- Never go without insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, medical expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision – This covers damage to your LeSabre caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 1997 Buick LeSabre.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, doctor visits, chiropractic care, surgery and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Budget-conscious 1997 Buick LeSabre insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area