Cheapest 1997 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Honda Prelude? Locating better insurance prices for a Honda Prelude can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Honda and get the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s smart to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best price on Prelude insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price over the internet.
Pay less for Honda Prelude insurance
Companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on Prelude insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Honda Prelude insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as pilots, historians and retirees receive lower rates on Prelude insurance.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 1997 Honda Prelude?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise of big savings after switching your policy.
How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as between 25 and 40, owns a home, and has a short commute. Any new insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted higher prices which leads to business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Honda Prelude insurance.
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for doctor visits, dental work and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, court costs, attorney fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Prelude resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
And the best car insurance company is…
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest 1997 Honda Prelude insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area