Cheapest 1998 Buick Skylark Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Buick Skylark? Overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance company choices? Lot’s of other consumers are too. There are so many options that it can be a challenge to find the lowest price.
Buick Skylark insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Buick Skylark scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many auto insurance companies give discounts to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies give better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on auto insurance. It translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Compare Quotes for Insurance Coverage
There are multiple methods to compare 1998 Buick Skylark insurance coverage prices but one way is easier and takes less work. You could waste a few hours talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the best insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote forms for every insurance coverage company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage information for each price quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Buick Skylark. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that quoting more will enable you to find better pricing.
Is there deception in advertising?
State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies make an identical promise about savings after switching your policy. How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and has a short commute. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the requirements will have to pay more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, you need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Buick Skylark insurance rates.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Buick can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Skylark from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, funeral expenses, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, surgery, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Buick Skylark.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Quote more. Save more.
Low-cost 1998 Buick Skylark insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Buick Skylark?
Finding the cheapest insurance for your 1998 Buick Skylark involves a few steps. Start by gathering quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices. You can do this by visiting insurance company websites or using online insurance comparison tools. Additionally, consider the coverage options you need and the deductible you’re comfortable with, as they can affect the cost of your insurance premium. Lastly, it’s a good idea to inquire about any available discounts or incentives that insurance companies may offer to reduce your overall insurance costs.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1998 Buick Skylark?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1998 Buick Skylark. These include:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers tend to have higher insurance rates.
- Location: Where you live can impact insurance costs due to factors such as crime rates and accident statistics in the area.
- Vehicle usage: If you use your Buick Skylark for commuting long distances or for business purposes, it may affect your insurance premium.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and amount of coverage you choose, as well as the deductible you opt for, can impact your insurance costs.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: In some cases, insurance companies may consider your credit history when determining rates.
- Insurance company: Different insurance providers may have varying rates and discounts available, so it’s essential to compare options.
Are there any specific discounts or cost-saving measures for insuring a 1998 Buick Skylark?
Yes, there are various discounts and cost-saving measures you can explore to potentially lower your insurance costs for a 1998 Buick Skylark. These may include:
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record without accidents or traffic violations can qualify you for this discount.
- Bundling discount: If you insure multiple vehicles or combine your auto insurance with other policies (such as home insurance) with the same insurer, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Safety features discount: Equipping your Buick Skylark with safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, or an anti-theft system can lead to discounted premiums.
- Low mileage discount: If you drive your vehicle less frequently, you may qualify for a low mileage discount.
- Good student discount: Students with good academic records may be eligible for discounted rates.
- Defensive driving course: Completing an approved defensive driving course can sometimes result in lower insurance premiums.
- Payment options: Some insurance providers offer discounts for paying your premium in full upfront or choosing electronic statements and payments.
Are there any other considerations for insuring a 1998 Buick Skylark?
In addition to finding the cheapest insurance, there are a few other considerations when insuring a 1998 Buick Skylark:
- Liability coverage: It’s important to ensure that you have adequate liability coverage to protect yourself financially in the event of an accident where you are at fault.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: If your Buick Skylark is valuable or you still have a loan on it, you may want to consider adding comprehensive and collision coverage to protect against theft, vandalism, or damage from accidents.
- Deductible: Choosing a higher deductible can help lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible amount out of pocket if you need to make a claim.
- Shop around: Insurance rates can vary significantly between providers, so it’s worthwhile to compare quotes from multiple insurers to find the best coverage at the most affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area