Cheapest 1998 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Blazer can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around every six months because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Blazer coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Blazer coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, click here.
Which Insurance Coverage is Cheapest?
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can take time and effort if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste time talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get the quickest rates.
Many companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and at least one company can give them a price based on that information. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to each individual insurance coverage company.
To access this free quoting program, click to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have a listing of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to find the best deal for your Chevy Blazer.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1998 Chevy Blazer is totaled?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, nursing services, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Blazer from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Blazer.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Summing up your insurance search
The cheapest 1998 Chevy Blazer insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer, you can consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can help you qualify for lower rates.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about any available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, or discounts for anti-theft devices.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Increasing your deductibles can lower your insurance premiums, but it means you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider the vehicle’s safety features: The 1998 Chevrolet Blazer may have various safety features. Inform your insurer about these features, as they may help reduce your rates.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer?
Yes, several factors can influence insurance rates for a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer. Some key factors include:
- The driver’s age, driving record, and location
- The vehicle’s value, safety features, and repair costs
- The frequency and severity of accidents involving similar models
- The coverage options and limits chosen by the policyholder
What type of coverage is typically recommended for a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer?
It is generally recommended to have at least the following types of coverage for a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer:
- Liability insurance: This covers injuries or property damage you may cause to others in an accident.
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it’s damaged in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers non-collision-related damages to your vehicle, such as theft, vandalism, or weather-related incidents.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payments coverage: This covers medical expenses for you and your passengers in case of injuries.
Can installing safety features or anti-theft devices help lower insurance costs for my 1998 Chevrolet Blazer?
Yes, installing safety features or anti-theft devices in your 1998 Chevrolet Blazer can potentially lower your insurance costs. Safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and electronic stability control can reduce the risk of injuries and accidents, which insurers may reward with lower rates. Anti-theft devices such as car alarms, tracking systems, or immobilizers can also deter theft and lower the risk of the vehicle being stolen.
Are there any specialized insurance companies that offer better rates for classic or vintage 1998 Chevrolet Blazer models?
The 1998 Chevrolet Blazer is not typically considered a classic or vintage vehicle. However, some insurance companies may offer specialized coverage for older vehicles. It’s recommended to research and compare insurance companies that cater to older vehicles to find the best rates for your 1998 Chevrolet Blazer.
Is it possible to reduce insurance costs for my 1998 Chevrolet Blazer by taking a defensive driving course?
Yes, completing a defensive driving course can potentially help reduce insurance costs for your 1998 Chevrolet Blazer. These courses provide drivers with additional skills and knowledge to improve their driving abilities and reduce the likelihood of accidents. Some insurance companies offer discounts to policyholders who have completed an approved defensive driving course. Contact your insurance provider to inquire about any available defensive driving course discounts and the specific requirements for eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area