1998 Ford Contour Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates for your Ford Contour? Shopping for the cheapest insurance coverage on the web may be difficult for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With so many choices of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone possibly compare every company to locate the lowest price?
Pay less for Ford Contour insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Insurance Coverage Quote Comparison
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local insurance coverage companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 1998 Ford Contour insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will return quotes from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to get quotes online requires a trip to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, State Farm and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to compare rates is driving to and from local insurance agencies. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same quote information for every company. If your comparisons have different liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. Just remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like dental work, funeral costs, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, emergency aid, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Contour.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Stretch your dollar
Budget-conscious 1998 Ford Contour insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area