1998 Ford Explorer Insurance Quotes – 5 Discounts for Best Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower car insurance rates for your Ford Explorer? Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance companies? You have a lot of company. You have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to find lower rates.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage yearly since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best price for Explorer coverage two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to find better coverage at a better price.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from local car insurance companies. The easiest way to find competitive 1998 Ford Explorer insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company. One form submission compares rates instantly. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A harder way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Safeco and GMAC. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to compare rates is driving to local insurance agencies. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice of a local agent. You can, however, compare online quotes and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverages and limits for each price quote. If you enter mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to find the best deal for your Ford Explorer. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, quoting more provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, falling objects and hitting a bird. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Explorer.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, attorney fees, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like surgery, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Explorer caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area