Cheapest 1998 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Honda Prelude? Locating better insurance prices for a Honda Prelude can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for your Honda and obtain the cheapest rates.
You need to do rate comparisons at least once a year since insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates for Prelude insurance six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Take advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates for Prelude insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, click here.
Where Can I Get Cheap Auto Insurance?
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to get prices fast.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and every company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare rates, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using the exact same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you enter different values for each quote you can’t possibly make an equal comparison.
How to know if you need help
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, medical expenses, medical services, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Honda Prelude.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Don’t break the bank
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 1998 Honda Prelude insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1998 Honda Prelude?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1998 Honda Prelude. These factors include the driver’s age, driving record, location, coverage options, deductibles, and the insurance company’s pricing policies. Additionally, the car’s value, safety features, and likelihood of theft or accidents may also play a role in determining the insurance premium.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Honda Prelude?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1998 Honda Prelude, it’s advisable to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers. Each insurer may have different rates and discounts, so it’s essential to gather several quotes to ensure you’re getting the best price. Additionally, you can consider raising your deductibles, maintaining a clean driving record, bundling policies, and inquiring about available discounts to potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 1998 Honda Prelude?
Insurance discounts can vary between insurance providers, but some common discounts that may apply to a 1998 Honda Prelude include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same insurer, such as home and auto insurance, you may qualify for a discount.
- Safe driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record, free from accidents and traffic violations, can make you eligible for a safe driver discount.
- Anti-theft discount: Equipping your 1998 Honda Prelude with anti-theft devices, such as an alarm system or GPS tracking, can help you qualify for this discount.
- Good student discount: If you or someone on your policy is a student with good grades, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your 1998 Honda Prelude frequently or have low annual mileage, you might qualify for this discount.
Are older cars like the 1998 Honda Prelude typically cheaper to insure?
Generally, older cars like the 1998 Honda Prelude tend to have lower insurance costs compared to newer vehicles. This is because older cars generally have lower values and are often less expensive to repair or replace. However, insurance premiums can still vary based on other factors such as the driver’s profile, location, and coverage options. It’s always best to compare quotes from different insurers to find the most affordable insurance for your specific circumstances.
Can I get liability-only insurance for my 1998 Honda Prelude to reduce costs?
Yes, you can opt for liability-only insurance for your 1998 Honda Prelude to reduce costs. Liability insurance covers damages and injuries you may cause to others in an accident. It does not provide coverage for your own vehicle. This type of coverage is typically less expensive than full coverage options, which include collision and comprehensive insurance. However, keep in mind that liability-only insurance does not protect your car from theft, vandalism, or damages from other non-collision incidents. Assess your needs and the value of your car to determine if liability-only coverage is suitable for your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area