Cheapest 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Mitsubishi and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can learn to find better prices while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to compare company rates online.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
Most companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices on the web. The process doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your coverage preferences into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find lower prices.
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that gets prices from more than one company. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online quotes much easier to do. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can choose any or none of the quotes returned. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. It only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly compare rates now, click here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Elements that influence Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance coverage. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Mitsubishi. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on 3000GT coverage.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like judges, executives and accountants tend to have higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on 3000GT coverage.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your 3000GT may be wasting your money. Verify your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
Discounts on Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance
Companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on insurance coverage on 3000GT coverage.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurers offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT need full coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage options for a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, fire damage and hitting a deer. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your 3000GT resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, nursing services and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, loss of income, legal defense fees and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Find Good Coverage for Less
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you many ideas to compare 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area