1998 Nissan Quest Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to price shop coverage on a regular basis because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Quest insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. But consumers must understand how insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
How to reduce Nissan Quest insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Quest insurance with certain companies.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
Nissan Quest rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy on your Quest policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 1998 Nissan Quest by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance is the protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance coverage options for a 1998 Nissan Quest
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses such as funeral costs, nursing services, EMT expenses and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be a smart shopper
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective 1998 Nissan Quest insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is located in these articles:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area