Compare 1998 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, having more insurers makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to compare price quotes over the internet.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on 4Runner insurance depending on your company.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on 4Runner insurance than drivers with accident claims.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
There are several ways to compare Toyota 4Runner insurance coverage prices but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could spend your day talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get prices fast.
All the larger companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each participating company then returns a price quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company.
To compare 1998 Toyota 4Runner rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to compare, we have a page of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every company. If you have different liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Factors determining your Toyota 4Runner insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some auto insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as doctors, architects and financial analysts have higher average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and performers get better rates on 4Runner insurance.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Toyota. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on 4Runner insurance.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1998 Toyota 4Runner?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1998 Toyota 4Runner is totaled?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like EMT expenses, doctor visits, prosthetic devices, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Toyota 4Runner.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, medical services and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, damage from flooding, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Discount 1998 Toyota 4Runner insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area