Chevrolet Chevrolet Monte-Carlo Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Chevy Monte Carlo insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Chevy and locate the lowest possible price.
This article will let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Drivers just need to know the proper way to compare prices online.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Monte Carlo insurance depending on your company.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
Getting a lower price on 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single form gets you coverage quotes from multiple companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Progressive and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare identical coverages and limits on every quote you get. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
These factors can influence Chevy Monte Carlo insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting your rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your Monte Carlo policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to high stress and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates on Monte Carlo insurance.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying insurance coverage. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Chevy from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Monte Carlo insurance.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy Monte Carlo scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Do drivers who switch really save $431 a year?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the same claim about savings if you move to them.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can state the savings.
That is why you need to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy Monte Carlo insurance rates.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as chiropractic care, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Monte Carlo resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Budget-conscious insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area