2001 Bentley Continental Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates for your Bentley Continental? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced insurance coverage? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance coverage policy. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around yearly since rates change quite often. If you had the best price on Continental coverage six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use this information to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper methods to shop for car insurance online.
Why your Bentley Continental might be costing you more
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Continental coverage.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies provide lower rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Bentley earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Which Insurance is Cheapest?
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but some are less time-consuming than others. You could waste time talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many popular insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company returns a rated price for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which providers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing differing limits it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your Bentley Continental.
Be sure to get all your discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on Continental coverage.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I rate my 2001 Bentley Continental as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my 2001 Bentley Continental need full coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverages – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, fire damage, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Lower-priced 2001 Bentley Continental insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area