2002 Isuzu Axiom Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind likes having to buy insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare rates.
Consumers need to check insurance prices once or twice a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price on Axiom insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance online but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to find cheap insurance.
Pricing more affordable car insurance is quite easy. Basically, every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have car insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, drivers must learn the way insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Why your Isuzu Axiom insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Isuzu earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 2002 Isuzu Axiom by repairing your credit.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a teenage driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your Axiom policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2002 Isuzu Axiom?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How can Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you change your policy. How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay higher rates which leads to business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Isuzu Axiom insurance.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, falling objects, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
This coverage covers damage to your Axiom from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
And the best car insurance company is…
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare 2002 Isuzu Axiom insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area