Cheapest 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance can empty your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to check insurance prices quite often since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rates for Montero Sport coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to find affordable insurance.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Sign Online – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Montero Sport coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Montero Sport coverage depending on your company.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates is to understand almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide information including whether or not you need a SR-22, whether you are married, distance driven, and if you are currently licensed. Your information is then sent to many different companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for a now, click here then complete the form.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance rates consist of many parts
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Young drivers tend to be more careless when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a young driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers get better rates for Montero Sport coverage.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Does my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Beware of misleading insurance coverage ads
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you change your coverage to them. How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay higher rates and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance rates.
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mitsubishi Montero Sport.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage pays for damage to your Montero Sport resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, fire damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, dental work, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
A tidy conclusion
Budget-conscious 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found at the links below
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area