2002 Nissan Quest Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers.
With consumers having so many companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the right car insurance company.
You should take the time to shop coverage around once or twice a year because prices change regularly. Just because you had the best price on Quest insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
How to Compare Insurance
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to compare 2002 Nissan Quest insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms to each individual insurance company. Just one form will return price quotes from many national carriers.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates consists of going to each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Farmers and Allstate. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice of a local agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, more quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
These six discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Quest insurance with select insurance companies.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click this link.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my 2002 Nissan Quest covered for flood damage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage options for a 2002 Nissan Quest
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2002 Nissan Quest.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, vandalism and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, emergency aid, structural damage, bail bonds and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Quest caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Keep this in mind
We just showed you many ideas to reduce 2002 Nissan Quest insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area