Cheap 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me, many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance coverage policy.
Because you have many choices of insurance companies, it is very difficult to locate the lowest cost company.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price on Grand Am coverage two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to find better coverage at a better price.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Nevertheless, car owners must know the way insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The simplest method to compare 2002 Pontiac Grand Am insurance prices consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry to each individual auto insurance company. One form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates is to take the time to go to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare USAA, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, compare exactly the same quote information for every company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you can save if you change your coverage to them. How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile will have to pay higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest Pontiac Grand Am insurance rates.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Grand Am coverage with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, chiropractic care, dental work and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Grand Am from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Take this to the bank
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper 2002 Pontiac Grand Am insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area