Save on 2002 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen GTI? Finding low-cost insurance for a Volkswagen GTI can be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates on a Volkswagen and get the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Shopping for the lowest cost protection is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Elements that influence Volkswagen GTI insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2002 Volkswagen GTI by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your GTI can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Only having one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates is to know the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as marital status, what your job is, how you use your vehicles, and if you require a SR-22. Your rating data is instantly sent to multiple companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save after switching your policy.
How do they all claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet the requirements will be charged more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
That is why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Volkswagen GTI insurance rates.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for GTI insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, medical services, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your GTI from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for nursing services, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Save for a rainy day
We just showed you many ways to compare 2002 Volkswagen GTI insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area