How Much Does 2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find affordable Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to find insurance coverage online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Mazda and find the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Mazdaspeed Protege coverage a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance coverage online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to find affordable insurance coverage.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to find the best rates and still get good coverage. This information will instruct you on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to shop for car insurance online.
Save on Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, click this link.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons utilizes the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as the type of vehicles you drive, if you are currently licensed, if a SR-22 is required, and if it has an alarm system. Your details is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To find lower rates now, click here and complete the form.
Lesser-known factors impacting Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurance companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and financial analysts have higher average rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates on Mazdaspeed Protege coverage.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege covered if I use it for business?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, hospital visits, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, attorney fees, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just read many tips how you can save on 2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area