Cheapest 2003 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to buying auto insurance, in particular when the price is too high.
Big companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it can be hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Free Insurance Quotes
Comparing insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get prices fast.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to complete one form, and at least one company then returns a price quote. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of system is you can’t choose which providers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical quote information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different liability limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will enable you to find better pricing.
Factors determining your Nissan Sentra insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the Nissan Sentra is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Sentra insurance.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like real estate brokers, architects and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as pilots, athletes and performers pay the least on Sentra insurance.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Sentra insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2003 Nissan Sentra?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Sentra resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Sentra.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce 2003 Nissan Sentra insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Low-cost insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are 2003 Nissan Sentras generally expensive to insure?
Insurance rates for 2003 Nissan Sentras are typically affordable compared to other vehicles. The Sentra is a compact car known for its fuel efficiency and lower risk of accidents. However, insurance rates can still vary based on factors such as the driver’s age, location, driving history, credit score, and the level of coverage chosen.
What factors influence the insurance rates for a 2003 Nissan Sentra?
Several factors can impact the insurance rates for a 2003 Nissan Sentra, including the driver’s age, location, driving history, credit score, and the level of coverage chosen. Additionally, the car’s value, repair costs, safety features, and the likelihood of theft or accidents associated with the model may also influence the rates.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2003 Nissan Sentra?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2003 Nissan Sentra, consider the following steps:
- Shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your premiums.
- Maintain a good driving record and take defensive driving courses to potentially qualify for discounts.
- Inquire about any available discounts, such as multi-policy or safe driver discounts.
- Consider installing safety features or anti-theft devices that may result in lower insurance premiums.
- Evaluate different coverage options and select one that suits your needs while balancing the cost.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for a 2003 Nissan Sentra?
Insurance rates can vary between companies, and the competitiveness of rates may change over time. It is recommended to request quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates specifically for a 2003 Nissan Sentra. Some well-known insurance companies with a reputation for competitive rates include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers Insurance.
Can I reduce insurance costs by downgrading the coverage on my 2003 Nissan Sentra?
Downgrading coverage levels can potentially lower insurance costs. However, it is important to consider the potential risks associated with reducing coverage. Liability coverage is typically required by law and helps protect you financially if you cause an accident. Comprehensive and collision coverage, although not mandatory, can provide added protection for your vehicle. It is advisable to evaluate your individual circumstances and consult with an insurance professional to determine the appropriate coverage for your needs.
Will modifications or aftermarket additions affect the insurance rates for a 2003 Nissan Sentra?
Modifications or aftermarket additions to a 2003 Nissan Sentra can affect insurance rates. Depending on the nature of the modifications, insurers may consider the vehicle to be at a higher risk. It is crucial to inform your insurance provider about any modifications or additions to ensure you have the appropriate coverage. Failing to disclose modifications could result in denied claims or policy cancellation.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2003 Nissan Sentra?
Insurance discounts can vary between insurance providers. However, some common discounts that may be available for a 2003 Nissan Sentra include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (e.g., bundling auto and home insurance with the same provider), good student discounts, and discounts for installing safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system. Contact your insurance provider directly to inquire about the available discounts for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area