Cheapest 2004 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you confused by the crazy number of insurance coverage company choices? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many options available that it can be a real hassle to find lower rates.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like what you do for a living, whether or not you need a SR-22, level of coverage desired, and if it has an alarm system. Your information gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
These ten discounts can slash insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Wrangler insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Jeep can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my 2004 Jeep Wrangler covered for flood damage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, hospital visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2004 Jeep Wrangler.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Wrangler resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce 2004 Jeep Wrangler insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a small mutual company.
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
Discount insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage is available at the links below
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area