Kia Kia Spectra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 25, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding and buying car insurance is not a procedure people appreciate, but regardless it’s required in order to satisfy compulsory insurance requirements.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Shopping for the lowest cost protection can be fairly easy. But car owners do need to know how companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance for Spectra insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to understand car insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details like marital status, level of coverage desired, if you are currently licensed, and if the vehicle is leased. The rating information is then sent to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
Elements that influence Kia Spectra insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- With age comes lower rates – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Spectra insurance.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. Drivers in populated areas have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hail damage, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Kia Spectra.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Spectra resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Quote more, save more
The cheapest 2004 Kia Spectra insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be found in these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area