Mazda Mazda A6 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Mazda Mazda6? Finding better rates for auto insurance is always challenging for people who are new to buying insurance online. You have so many options available that it can quickly become a real challenge to compare prices.
Insurance Quote Comparison
The are a couple different ways to get quotes and find the best price. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 2004 Mazda Mazda6 rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One simple form will get you rate comparisons from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- Another way to find lower rates is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Farmers and Allstate. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information for every company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Factors that can influence Mazda Mazda6 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Mazda6 may be costing you.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2004 Mazda Mazda6 by improving your credit score.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Mazda Mazda6 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Get lower rates on 2004 Mazda Mazda6 insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Mazda6 coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Mazda6 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not apply in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2004 Mazda Mazda6?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mazda Mazda6.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mazda6 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, funeral costs, nursing services and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, structural damage and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Be a smart shopper
We just presented a lot of information how to reduce 2004 Mazda Mazda6 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Cheaper insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about car insurance is available at the links below
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area