View 2004 Volkswagen Golf Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Volkswagen Golf? Are you confused by the wide range of insurance coverage company choices? You have a lot of company. People have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a lot of work to compare prices.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest price for Golf insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
What determines your Volkswagen Golf insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2004 Volkswagen Golf by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Golf can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
Cut prices on 2004 Volkswagen Golf insurance
Companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
How can Progressive, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you move your coverage to them. How can each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements must pay higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Golf insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, vandalism, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Golf.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This covers damage to your Golf from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, hospital visits, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Have the Midas touch
Cheap 2004 Volkswagen Golf insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with the least-expected company.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area