Cheapest 2005 Dodge Stratus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Dodge Stratus insurance can drain your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. Because there are so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to find the most affordable car insurance company.
It’s smart to check insurance coverage prices quite often since insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Stratus insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Why your Dodge Stratus insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance will be on Stratus insurance.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Stratus may be costing you.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Credit scores impact insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2005 Dodge Stratus by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Compare Auto Insurance Costs
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 2005 Dodge Stratus auto insurance and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to achieve your goal.
All the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and every company then returns a price quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which carriers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using the exact same quote information for each comparison quote. If you have different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Stratus insurance depending on your company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance on Stratus insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Dodge Stratus
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be a smart shopper
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare 2005 Dodge Stratus insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Cost effective insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area