Ford Ford Expedition Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Ford Expedition? No one looks forward to buying insurance coverage, especially when they are paying too much. Because there are so many choices, it can be hard to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
It’s important to get comparison quotes every six months since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal on Expedition coverage six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Do you qualify for a discount?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on Expedition coverage with certain companies.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Expedition coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on car insurance on Expedition coverage.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your state.
These factors can influence what you pay for Ford Expedition insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates on Expedition coverage.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a teenage driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Expedition may be costing you.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Ford Expedition earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my Ford Expedition covered if I use it for business?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2005 Ford Expedition is totaled?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for pain medications, surgery, EMT expenses, funeral costs and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Expedition caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Have the Midas touch
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare 2005 Ford Expedition insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about auto insurance is available at the links below
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area