Cheapest 2005 Kia Optima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparison shopping for auto insurance is always challenging for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. Consumers have so many choices that it can quickly become a big hassle to find lower rates.
These nine discounts can slash insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on Optima insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click here to view.
Can you really save $389 a year?
Auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim about savings after switching your policy. How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk could be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements must pay higher prices which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This illustrates why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Kia Optima insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for liability – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, loss of income, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Optima from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Optima.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
One last thing about your coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective 2005 Kia Optima insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area