Cheapest 2005 Volvo S80 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 8, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Volvo S80 can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a Volvo and locate the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or need new coverage, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Pricing the best coverage can be fairly easy. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to get comparison rates on the web.
Save on Volvo S80 insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for S80 coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts include:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for every insurance coverage company.
To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you cannot specify which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare, we have a listing of insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare differing limits it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Volvo S80.
Volvo S80 insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Volvo. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance coverage will be for S80 coverage.
- How’s your driving record? – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Lower rates come with age – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your S80 may be costing you.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurers give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Special features that cut premiums – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for EMT expenses, pain medications, nursing services, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, hail damage and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, court costs, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on 2005 Volvo S80 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2005 Volvo S80?
To find the cheapest insurance rates, you can use our free quote tool by entering your ZIP code. This tool allows you to compare rates from different companies and potentially save money on your insurance premiums.
Are there discounts available for Volvo S80 insurance?
Yes, many insurance companies offer discounts that can help lower your insurance costs. These discounts vary among insurers but may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and anti-theft device discounts. It’s advisable to check with each insurance company to determine the specific discounts they offer.
What factors affect insurance rates for a Volvo S80?
Insurance rates for a Volvo S80 are influenced by several factors, including your location, driving record, age, gender, credit history, and the coverage options you choose. It’s important to understand how these factors can impact your premiums and consider them when comparing insurance quotes.
How do I determine the coverage I need for my Volvo S80?
The coverage you need for your Volvo S80 depends on various factors, such as your budget, the value of your vehicle, and your personal circumstances. It’s recommended to assess your needs and preferences, and consult with an insurance agent who can provide guidance tailored to your situation.
What are the common coverages included in an insurance policy for a 2005 Volvo S80?
Insurance policies for a 2005 Volvo S80 typically include comprehensive coverage (for damages from non-collision events like theft or vandalism), collision coverage (for damages from collisions), liability auto insurance (to protect against claims for damage or injuries caused to others), and uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (to provide coverage if involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area