Cheapest 2006 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate continually hit you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best price for Camry insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to compare company rates online.
Toyota Camry insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Camry can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your location is important – Living in a small town can save you money when it comes to insurance. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations such as judges, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and retirees receive lower rates for Camry insurance.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Getting a cheaper price on 2006 Toyota Camry insurance isn’t really that difficult. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One simple form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for insurance coverage online is to take the time to go to each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, 21st Century and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is driving around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If you use differing limits you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Toyota Camry.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make an identical promise about savings after switching to them.
But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured could be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This illustrates why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Camry insurance rates.
Discounts mean cheaper Toyota Camry insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Camry insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Camry insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance for Camry insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Camry insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Camry resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, a broken windshield, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, nursing services, dental work, surgery and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, loss of income, pain and suffering, bail bonds and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota Camry.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
And the best car insurance company is…
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on 2006 Toyota Camry insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are older vehicles like the 2006 Toyota Camry generally cheaper to insure?
In many cases, older vehicles like the 2006 Toyota Camry tend to have lower insurance rates compared to newer models. However, it’s important to note that insurance rates are influenced by various factors, including your personal circumstances and the insurance company’s underwriting criteria.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering low rates on a 2006 Toyota Camry?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between different insurance companies, and the best option for you may depend on your specific circumstances. It is recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurers and compare them to find the most affordable rates for your 2006 Toyota Camry.
Can I get a discount on my insurance for installing safety features in my 2006 Toyota Camry?
Yes, installing safety features in your 2006 Toyota Camry can potentially earn you discounts on your insurance premiums. Features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, anti-theft devices, and electronic stability control are typically considered safety features that may help reduce the risk of accidents or theft.
Is it possible to get a low insurance rate for a 2006 Toyota Camry with a less-than-perfect driving record?
While having a less-than-perfect driving record can make it more challenging to find low insurance rates, it is still possible to obtain affordable coverage. Some insurance companies specialize in offering policies to drivers with less-than-perfect records, but it’s important to note that rates may still be higher compared to drivers with clean records.
Are there any discounts available specifically for insuring a 2006 Toyota Camry?
Some insurance companies may offer discounts specifically for insuring a 2006 Toyota Camry, although it can vary between insurers. It’s recommended to inquire with the insurance providers you are considering to determine if any specific discounts are available for your vehicle model.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area