Ford Ford Freestyle Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Ford and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to shop online.
Discounts mean cheaper 2007 Ford Freestyle insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Freestyle coverage with select insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
These factors can influence what you pay for Ford Freestyle insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into rates.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2007 Ford Freestyle by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many extra coverages that you can buy on your Freestyle policy. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers tend to be more careless when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Freestyle can result in significantly higher rates.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2007 Ford Freestyle to commute?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hitting a bird, hail damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as nursing services, prosthetic devices, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Freestyle resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, legal defense fees, structural damage and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Stretch your dollar
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare 2007 Ford Freestyle insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area