Compare 2007 Kia Sportage Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance for your Kia Sportage could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Kia and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
Discounts to lower 2007 Kia Sportage insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like how you use your vehicles, if you have a valid license, which vehicles you own, and driver details. That rating information is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
Some factors that can determine what Kia Sportage insurance costs
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit history is a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2007 Kia Sportage by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Kia from damage. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Sportage coverage.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save if you change to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the requirements must pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you need to compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Kia Sportage insurance rates.
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, court costs and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like doctor visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, theft and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sportage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sportage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Get your money’s worth
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 2007 Kia Sportage insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area