Honda Honda S2000 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Cutting costs on insurance is a challenge for people who are new to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many options that it can be a lot of work to locate the lowest price.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal for S2000 coverage on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Finding affordable insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. But consumers must understand the way insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Finding Insurance Coverage
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest 2008 Honda S2000 rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from many national carriers. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices consists of going to the website of each company and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Esurance and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using identical coverages for every company. If you have higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. Keep in mind that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Save big with these discounts
Companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for S2000 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
What determines your Honda S2000 insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in a rural area can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit history is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2008 Honda S2000 by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and performers pay the least for S2000 coverage.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Careful drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Increase deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for S2000 coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
The car insurance bait and switch
Car insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them. But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will have the lowest Honda S2000 insurance rates.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2008 Honda S2000.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, falling objects and hitting a deer. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your S2000 resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for things like dental work, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Save your cold hard cash
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on 2008 Honda S2000 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Affordable insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area