2008 Nissan 350Z Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Nissan 350Z insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Nissan and find the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes every six months since rates change quite often. If you had the best rates for 350Z coverage a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to find better coverage at a better price.
Comparison of Auto Insurance
There are multiple methods to compare 2008 Nissan 350Z auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes for quick rates.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each company then returns a price quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies to compare, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare apples-to-apples information with every price quote. If you use different liability limits it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Nissan 350Z.
Discounts are basically free money
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for 350Z coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies that may offer these benefits include:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Nissan 350Z
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. If you have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for 350Z coverage.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be more careless when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of car insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as doctors, architects and accountants tend to have higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like actors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates for 350Z coverage.
Save $402 a year. For real?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you move to their company.
But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who do not match these standards will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
That is why you should get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Nissan 350Z.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 350Z resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for X-ray expenses, hospital visits, surgery, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as vandalism, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for 2008 Nissan 350Z insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area