2009 Lexus GX 470 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Lexus GX 470? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced auto insurance? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one. Many insurers compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the definite best price available.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on GX 470 coverage last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Discounts can save BIG
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on GX 470 coverage with certain companies.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on GX 470 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
Lexus GX 470 premiums are determined by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Lexus from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be on GX 470 coverage.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurance companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Car features impact rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, legal defense fees, structural damage, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, ambulance fees, surgery and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your GX 470 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2009 Lexus GX 470.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Spend less. Save more.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on 2009 Lexus GX 470 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area