Cheapest 2009 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance rates for your Nissan Sentra? Shopping for the cheapest insurance over the internet may be somewhat difficult for consumers new to online price comaprisons. With so many insurers available, how can you possibly compare the different rates to find the cheapest available price?
Save on 2009 Nissan Sentra insurance
Companies do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for Sentra insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
The quickest method to compare policy rates is to realize car insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as how much you drive, the type of vehicles you drive, if you have an active license, and types of safety features. Your details is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
Nissan Sentra insurance rates have many determining factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies award lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like judges, architects and accountants have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and homemakers get better rates for Sentra insurance.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Nissan Sentra has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many additional coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- If my 2009 Nissan Sentra is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Sentra resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Nissan Sentra.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Get your money’s worth
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective 2009 Nissan Sentra insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, high prices and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2009 Nissan Sentra?
To find cheap insurance rates for your 2009 Nissan Sentra, use online resources to compare quotes from multiple companies. Provide relevant information like driving habits, vehicle details, license status, and safety features to receive quick rate quotes. Comparing quotes from different insurers increases your chances of saving and finding the best price.
Are there any discounts available for insurance coverage on a 2009 Nissan Sentra?
Insurance companies offer discounts to save on coverage, but not all apply to all premiums. Savings can be found, including hidden ones. Discounts reduce premiums like collision or personal injury protection. Remember, multiple discounts won’t give you a free policy as insurers need to make money. Find insurers with discounted rates on a specific resource.
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2009 Nissan Sentra?
Several factors influence the insurance rates for a 2009 Nissan Sentra. Understanding these factors can help you make informed decisions and potentially qualify for better rates. Factors that can affect your rates include your driving record, the type of vehicle you drive, your location, your age and gender, your credit score, the coverage limits and deductibles you choose, and any additional safety features installed in your car.
How can I tailor my insurance coverage to my specific needs?
Insurance coverage needs vary, so there’s no one-size-fits-all policy. Consider your individual circumstances by asking yourself questions about your driving habits, who drives the car, and the level of financial protection you want. If you need help, speak to a licensed insurance agent for personalized assistance.
What are some common types of coverage included in an insurance policy?
Auto insurance policies typically include several types of coverage. Here are a few common ones:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
- Auto liability insurance
- Medical payments coverage and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area