Save on 2010 Ford Escape Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Ford Escape? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Ford Escape can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates quite often because insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Escape insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide information like whether you have decent credit, level of coverage desired, the ages of drivers, and if it has an alarm system. That rating information is instantly sent to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To check rates for your Ford Escape, click here and enter your zip code.
Save with discounts on 2010 Ford Escape insurance
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings when buying insurance coverage on Escape insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2010 Ford Escape to commute?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Escape.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, fire damage, theft and a broken windshield. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, dental work, ambulance fees and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be a smart shopper
The cheapest 2010 Ford Escape insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area