View 2011 Chevrolet HHR Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Car insurance shopping is not something people appreciate, but all states require it for any vehicle you drive.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rates on HHR insurance a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance coverage on HHR insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on HHR insurance depending on your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
There are several ways to compare Chevy HHR insurance coverage quotes, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company. To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you can’t choose the companies you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a page of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2011 Chevy HHR is totaled?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy HHR.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like dental work, nursing services and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your HHR from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, pain and suffering and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
More effort can pay off
Affordable 2011 Chevy HHR insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is actually quite simple.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information is located below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area