Lower Your 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Ford Shelby GT500 insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Ford and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to tell you the best way to quote coverages. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the tricks to compare price quotes over the internet.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on Shelby GT500 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I rate my 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverage options for a 2011 Ford Shelby GT500
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, loss of income and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Shelby GT500 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Do the work, save more money
Discount 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and even high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Other learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area